Colerain Township, the largest township in the state of Ohio, was founded in 1794. The first settlement in the township was in 1790, where John Dunlap and a small band of settlers built a little fort on the Great Miami River and named it Fort Coleraine. Later the settlement became known as Dunlap's Station. The township was primarily a rural farming area until the 1950s, when builders began to develop subdivisions. Businesses sprang up and shopping...